Production Manager/Web Designer | Wine&Spirits Magazine, NYC
W&S Magazine currently has over 200,000 in circulation. My personal goal right now is to grow the company's web presence.
- Optimized e-newsletter and e-blasts to email design standards with mobile conversion.
- Redesign W&S's website using ExpressionEngine SEO.
- Oversee tasting notes database and content migration with IT consultant.
- Assist Art Director with magazine pre-press production by W&S's standard of design.
- Coordinate with in-house sales team for advertisments to be in print magazine and website.
- Update content on website.
- Created event page and email blast campaigns for W&S's annual Top 100 and Top of the List events.
May 2011-January 2013 |
Design Manager, XL Marketing, NYC
XL Marketing is now called Zeta Interactive. They're an email marketing company.
- Designed, edited and mobile-optimized creative emails for in-house surveys, as well as the company's internal and external clients.
- Created logos and coded proxy IP websites and created an online fashion blog, "Thrifty Tyra" with the Content Manager.
June 2008 - April 2011 |
Graphic Designer/Web Designer, PP Direct, NYC
PP Direct is a New Age product company.
- Worked with copywriters to create promo emails for products.
- Mocked up 3D renderings new products for vendors.
- Laid out and edited layouts of compendium booklets for products.
- In charge of new product promotions given for myHWH.com.
- Re-hired as a freelance since March 2009 to be in charge of two catalog website updates.
March 2007-January 2008 |
Asst. Web Production/Design Assistant, Marvel Entertainment, NYC
Yes, that Marvel with the comics, blockbuster movies and such.
- Assisted Senior Web Designer and Sr. Director of Web Development with the new layout of marvel.com
- Created promotional emails for Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited, created in-house advertisements for subscriptions, surveys, and other promotional banners.
Freelance Graphic Designer/Web Designer/Web Developer | Kodansha USA Publishing LLC, NYC
Kodansha Comics is one of Japan's biggest Japanese manga publishing companies. Its US branch is currently partnered up with Random House Publishing. Some of their most popular titles include Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, and Attack on Titan.
- Designed U.S. Branch catalog website.
- Update catalog monthly with proper cover images.
- Create promotional banners to be placed in 3rd-party comic-related websites.
- Designed display booth for New York Comic Con 2011.
- Migrated website to Wordpress CMS platform.
Windows and Mac friendly
- HTML4, HTML5
- CSS2 and CSS 3
- PHP (intermediate)
- mySQL (intermediate)
- Wordpress CMS (intermediate)
- ExpressionEngine CMS (intermediate)
Tools of the Trade
- Adobe Creative Suite 7-CS 6 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, familiar with Flash)
- CMYK Printing
- Corporate identity
- Freehand sketching
- Knowing what a font face is by looking at it
Certification & Education
Certification in Web Development with Open Standards from The City University of New York's Baruch College
BA in Graphic Communications from The City University of New York's Baruch College. Minor in Japanese.
- Cantonese Chinese (Native fluency)
- English (Native fluency)
- Mandarin Chinese (familiar)
- Taiwanese (familiar)
- Spanish (Familiar)
- Japanese (Conversational)
- Played viola for 11 years and performed at Carnegie Hall at age 17.
- Casual vinyl figurine collector.
- Music nerd.
- Near perfect pitch. Cannot hear B♮.
- Hobbyist, one of which being belly dancing.